Is the Injection Technique for Juvederm Different from Restylane?

Is the injection technique for a monophasic HA filler (Juvederm) different from a biphasic filler (Restylane)?

Juvederm and Restylane techniques are similar

+1

In my practice the technique for injecting a filler, whether it is Juvederm Ultra or Restylane are identical. Juvederm Ultra Plus is thicker and designed to be placed deeper than Juvederm and Perlane is thicker than Restylane and is placed in the same deeper plane as is Juvederm UltraPlus.

Injection technique for Juvederm and Restylane

+1

The variation in injection technique doesn't necessarily depend on the product as much as it would depend on the area of the face the filler is injected into. Especially being that these two products are very similar in that they are both Hyaluronic Acid fillers. The technique would be very much the same when injecting into the same part of the face.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Injection techniques for Juvederm and Restylane

+1

There might be a slight difference in the injection technique for these products. It depends on the area of the face, the exact product used: Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus, Restylane, or Perlane, the amount of product used, and the patient cosmetic needs. Different injectors have different techniques as well. Make sure you go to an experienced injector.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

Very similar for Restylane and Juvederm

+1

Both Juvederm and Restylane are branded forms of non human hyaluronic acid for cosmetic use; they are both excellent products for rejuvenation of the perioral area.  In my hands, there is no appreciable difference in technique.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

The technique is the same

+1

Injection with Juvederm and Restylane for an individual doctor will not vary as much as the technique of injecting the same filler from one physician to the next. Each doctor has her own style and technique based on her experience.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Restylane and Juvederm

+1

Depth of fill really should not have to vary for Restylane or Juvederm. They are both hyaluronic acid products.  Yes, they area  bit different, but no I do not think it makes a difference.  I would avoid being too superficial.

+1

You are getting a bit too scientific about this and should consider these to be the same thing.  The companies make many claims about soft vs hard, longer lasting vs shorter lasting etc but essentially they are equivalent for your purposes and the injections are done the same way.