Juvederm or Radiesse for Lines Around Mouth?

Would you recommend Juvederm or Radiesse for lines around mouth, for bottom lip definition and lines between the nose and top lip?

Radiesse in the right measure

+1

Radiesse is a volumizing filler.  It is very useful along the jaw line, in the hands and even in the temples.  However, in my opinion it is not suitable for the lines around the mouth as the product may be difficult to deliver in very small quantities.  By contrast,  hyaluronic acid fillers can be used in this area and will provide for a softening of the lines. 

Vancouver Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm or radiesse for lines around the mouth

+1

I personally use much more Juvederm or Restylane for the lines around the mouth, especially in a first timer. If you like the results, a longer lasting filler like Radiesse can be used, but it is more firm and does not have an antidote if you're not happy with it. Radiesse also should not be injected into the lips. Most importantly, make sure to only see an expert injector such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to avoid any problems. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm or Radiesse

+1

I prefer juvederm or any one of the Hyaluronic acids sto fill around the mouth becuase I can always disolve it if I have a problem.

Don't use Radiesse in the Lips

+1

Most surgeons will not use Radiesse in the lips, however it works quite well in areas like the cheeks and nasolabial folds. Patients may experience lumpiness when injected into the lips.

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse Not For Lips

+1

Please understand that Radiesse is a thicker material which might cause lumpiness in the lips. You should stick with Restylane or Juvederm for lip enhancement. However, for the nasolabial grooves either Radiesse or a Hyaluronic Acid like Juvederm or Restylane can work.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm or Radiesse for lines around the mouth

+1

My choice is Juvederm around the mouth.  It provides a long lasting, soft and supple correction, very natural in feel and appearance.  I would not use Radiesse in a mobile area like the mouth.  Radiesse can be too hard and lumpy in the soft tissue of the lips

Elizabeth Slass Lee, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

+1

The movement of the muscles around the mouth make the possibility of lumps with Radiesse very real because the movement could ball up the Radiesse over time. In addition, if any Radiesse migrates into the lips, the lumps are very visible.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Softer filler for the lips

+1

Juvederm is a softer cartilage filler for the lips and lines around the mouth.

Radiesse is a calcium filler that I like to use in the deeper lines of the face and not in the lips.

Both types of fillers are very popular for restoring volume in the deflated face. Juvederm is hyaluronic filler that I like to use for finer superficial lines of the face and upper /lower lip augmentation.

Radiesse is a calcium filler that I like to use in thicker skin patients with deeper heavy lines. I do not inject this filler in the lips.

Andrew Turk, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon