Will Juvederm Last Longer Than Radiance?

What's the difference between Juvederm, Restylane and Radiance? I have had a few injections of the Radiance (4 times) and it did not last more than 3 months. It's very expensive that way. I would like to try the Juvederm and wanted to know if it will last longer than the Radiance?

This sounds very fishy to me. I would be you had something else.

+3

While I am not in favor of Radiance/Radiesse in general, one of the strong points of this product is that it does tend to last. That's also its weakness as it can cause problems (as in the patient I saw today who had a red area where an esthetician had injected it!) and those problems can last for years!

Juvederm and Restylane, when injected properly, should last 6 months or more. Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

Radiesse and Juvederm, Radiance is a Thing of the Past

+3

Hi,

Radiance has not been around for many years as it's name was changed to Radiesse. If you recently received "Radiance" I would question your injector regarding expiration dates, etc.

Radiesse is one of the longest lasting temporary fillers. You may not be getting enough of the product for complete correction, therefore not seeing it "last". It's like inflating a balloon, all of the wrinkles of the balloon are not gone and smoothed out until it is completely full of air. You may fill the balloon 85-90% full, but there will still be some folds.

Juvederm is an excellent filling material, but again, unless enough is used, you may not feel that it "lasted" or "worked". Speak with you injecting physician about your concerns. If you continue to be unsatisfied, seek out another physician.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Radiesse, Beverly Hills Radiesse, Los Angeles Radiesse, Juvederm

+2

I have used Radiesse on many, many patients and it typically lasts close to a year.  Radiesse is a larger molecule filler than Juvederm or Restylane both of which typically last about 6 months or so.  If for some reason The Radiesse is truly gone in 3 months and the decreased results are not due to the fact that not enough Radiesse was used to achieve a full correction, you may want to try Perlane which is a similar product to Juvederm and Resylane but is a larger molecule.  Perlane typically lasts about 6-9 months.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Juvederm and Radiesse injections

+2

Depending on where you have it injected, you should get good long lasting results with Juvederm. I personally don't like Radiesse, because Juvederm or Restylane give you better looking, more natural results, and the risk of complications is infinitely lower. It does not sound like Radiesse is working very well for you, so it might be a good idea to try a different doctor and possibly a different product.

Radiesse (formerly Radiance)

+2

Aside from accounting for individual variation and injection site location, Radiesse does in general appear to last longer (approximately 12-18 months) while the hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm may last up to 1 year. If Radiesse lasted only 3 months, Juvederm Ultra Plus may be worth trying.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm vs. Radiesse

+1

The product's name has been renamed radiesse which occured some time ago.  If you did a procedure and the injector used radiance, he/she may have used a very old product. Also, you will need to verify the amount injected of each product. While not as flexible as juvederm, radiesse generally lasts longer.

Radiesse vs. Juvederm

+1

Radiesse should last about 9 months to a year. The juvederm ultra plus is supposed to last about the same amount.

It's worth a try

+1

Radiesse, as it is now referred to, usually lasts longer in the cheeks or smile folds. I’m not sure to which facial area you are referring, but it usually is not used in the lips. For most patients the longevitiy of Juvederm, Restylane and Radiesse is comparable. You may however notice that for yourself the hyaluronic acids such as Juvederm or Restylane, do last longer.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Radiesse vs Juverderm

+1

Radiesse is calcium hydroxyl apatite, a robust filler and correction will usually persist for about one year. Juvederm is an elegant hyaluronic acid filler that usually mains a correction for about the same amount of time. Persistance of corrections is somewhat dependent upon achieving full correction at the start by using sufficient amounts of the filler, and proper placement by the injector.

Miami Dermatologist

Radiance (Radiesse) may last longer than Juvederm

+1

The longevity of all injectable fillers varies with where it is injected. For example, when placed deep in the cheeks they tend to last a long time, and this is a good area for Radiesse. In areas that move more the effect isn't as long, especially for lips. In my experience Radiesse lasts longer than the HA fillers (Juvederm, Restylane) but only by a couple of months.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.