Juvederm or Artefill for Lost Facial Volume After Weight Loss?

I have lost volume in my face after recent weight loss. I'm always looking like I'm sad and everyone tells me to smile all the time. I'm only 38 and not ready to have major stuff done. Are there little things along the way to make me look my best? Which between Juvederm or Artefill is the better way to go for this problem? Thank you.

Facial fillers

+1

I am not a big fan of permanent fillers like Artefill. I think in the long run they can cause problems. I prefer hyaluronic acids.

There are mutliple facial fillers

+1

Juvederm has been used in the U.S. far longer than Artefill and has a very good safety track record. Radiesse has also been used, as well as Sculptra for volumization.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Juvederm or Artefill for lost facial volume after weight loss?

+1

One of the basic rule in Plastic Surgery is to replace Like with Like.

Lost facial fat is BEST replaced with fat NOT with artificial fillers. Furthermore, the two you mentioned are not cheap and filling the lost volume with them will be extremely costly. Lastly, one of them is a permanent filler which cannot be reversed. If you suffered several of its known complications, it will be impossible to correct that situation.

I hope this was helpful.

Peter A Aldea, MD, FACS

Consider fat transfer for facial volume

+1

The fillers you mentioned are good for "off the shelf" use, but with significant facial volume loss after losing weight, you might want to look into fat transfer. That will provide a good long-lasting result.

Richard Baxter, MD

Facial fillers

+1

There are many different facial fillers. The ones that are typicall used for volume filling are Radiesse, Sculptra and possibly Artefill. Juvederm and Restylane are not typically used for significant volume filling. It is simply too difficult to answer your question without a physical exam. I suggest going in for a consultation with a surgeon who is familiar with these products. Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Elan B. Singer, MD