Can Juvederm Prevent the Worst Folds?

I'm 25 years old and I can see the folds on my face when I smile. If I stay getting Juvederm, can this prevent future folds on my face?

Do fillers prevent folds and wrinkles from forming?

+1

The short answer is no. But, folds and wrinkles can be prevented to a great degree:

• Always wear a mineral-based sunscreen with at least SPF 30. The type of sunscreen, SPF number and quantity applied does matter
  • A quality regimen of skin care products will help to maintain the good health of your skin and prevent worsening. But, sunscreen is the #1 most important skin care product.
  • Botox is a great way to prevent muscle motion-induced lines. This is a ideal for the upper face and, if injected by a very experienced physician, may be helpful in the lower face as well.
  • Fillers won't prevent lines and folds, but early lines and folds can be supported with careful placement of filler to act as a bolster or scaffold under the areas of stressed skin

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and folds

+1

Juvederm will not prevent folds from occurring but does soften the folds that you have now hwen the product is injected.. 

Juvedern can reduce unwanted asymmetry

+1

Juvederm is only one of many fillers used, and no fillers prevent folds, they simply, and most only temporarily, help lift folds. The deepest folds may need layering of thicker fillers deeply, and thinner fillers more superficially. Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, Radiesse are some fillers, and Sculptra can be used as a volume augmentation treatement to help fill out the underneath tissue. Furthermore, some folds are improved by helping support the fallen areas above the fold by volume replacement, and even other folds might be improved by lessening the lowering action of the muscle below it by using Botulinum Toxin (make sure this is an experienced physican as there can be unwanted facial asymmetry when this is injected in the lower face).

Ronald Shelton, MD

Can Juvederm prevent the worst folds?

+1

No. Skin fillers cannot prevent skin folds.

Skin aging comes in 2 classes - regular aging and sun / tanning booth aging. Your life style, nutrition and family genes will largely determine your regular aging. Sun and UV light AVOIDANCE will prevent a lot of aging.

Once wrinkles form - they are either due to facial deflation and loss of volume or due to facial drooping. Neither one of these can be presented by placing in additional volume such as Juvederm or the others.

I hope this was helpful.

Peter A Aldea, MD, FACS

Juvederm and the Prevention of Facial Folds in a 25 Year Old

+1

Hi Smiley,

Juvederm will not prevent you from forming "future folds" on your face. It can effectively add volume to your face to support your skin so that folds are not seen. It is like inflating a beach ball, the folds come out as the ball is filled with air. Same thing on your face, just with a properly and strategically placed filler.

Enjoy your youth. There is no filler available that can "trump" youth. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD