Is Lifesculpt a "God Send"?

i saw the blog post on realself where a doctor in a video calls Lifesculpt a god send for people with excess/ exercise resistant fat.  What is lifesculpt and is it really as good as they say?

If it sounds too good to be true, check the messenger.

+1

Pardon my mixed metaphors.

The most important factor in you having a good result isn't a machine, a technology, or a marketing budget. The most important factor is your plastic surgeon - his or her skill and experience. Look for the most qualified, experienced, respected, trusted surgeon, and seek their recommendations for your cosmetic surgery concern (liposuction, etc.)

When you see brand name operations or trademarked techniques, question the situation very carefully. Most quality surgeons avoid gimmicks.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Lifesculpt is a gimmick.

+1

Hi!

Avoid any procedure with a brand name or a catchy title. These are merchandising gimmicks. There is no evidence for Lifesculpt or other kinds of laser liposuction.

In our Manhattan practice, our patients do great with time tested tumescent liposuction. I don't know any experienced board certified plastic surgeon who uses Lifesculpt. Check credentials!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Lifesculpt

+1

There is a lot of marketing and advertising with each machine made available for laser lipolysis. It is still controversial whether or not laser lipolysis is better than other methods of liposuction.

Lifesculpt is yet another laser lipo

+1

As the marketplace becomes more and more crowded with laser-assisted liposuction devices, the hype for each new one ramps up. In my opinion, it would be more accurate to call liposuction a "godsend" since it was such a revolutionary idea for treatment of localized fat resistant to change with diet and exercise. The usefulness of lasers with liposuction has been highly debated; if it wasof more obvius benefit, there wouldn't be so much controversy.

Richard Baxter, MD

Lifesculpt is a method using SlimLipo laser assisted liposuction

+1

Lifesculpt is a descriptive term used for SlimLipo laser liposuction. The difference from other laser lipo procedures such as Smartlipo is that SlimLipo uses a 924nm laser wavelength wich is specifically absorbed by fat unlike other lasers that target water. The SlimLipo fiber is flexible (safer) and the laser is a continuous laser which melts fat at lower peak temperatures than pulsed l;asers used in other devices (less heat.)

My results over the past year using Slimlipo the Lifesculpt procedure have been excellent and have definitely improved my liposuction results.

See before and after photos of Slim Lipo.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lifesculpt is not a godsend

+1

Laser assisted liposuction is packaged by the various venders by different names (lifesculpt being one of the trade names). The theory behind any laser liposuction is that the thermal injury produced by the laser will cause some favorable contraction of the skin and connective tissue as will as destroy fat cells.

Although I use laser assisted lipsuction on occasion, I do not tell my patients that the laser necessarily works. This has not been demonstrated scientifically so it is, in my opinion, irrespsonsible to state matter of factly that it is a better brand of liposuction. The same is true of ultrasonic liposuction which I have used on selective patients for years.

I think it is possible that some better minor contraction of connective tissue does occur and for that reason, patients may want to employ the laser as part of the treatment regimen. I haven't seen any problems created by the laser and in several patients the results seemed better than I would have expected with conventional liposuction only. But that last remark doesn't make it scientifically valid.