Is I2PL a Good Melasma Treatment?

Is I2PL good to treat melasma? 

Strategies for melasma treatment

IPL is not first line treatment, as it does not address the problem at its root.  I begin treatment with Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM followed by either a MelaPeel at one month or an IPL. 

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

It may work but there are other preferred modalities

Have you tried bleaching formaulations as well as instituted a good sunblock.

These are generally preferred as initial treatments prior to use of a laser or IPL?

In any case you would likely utlilize these agents, the most popular of which is Triluma, as a maintenance therapy.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Not my favorite

While IPL is great for many things, and the Ellipse I2PL one of the best and most effective systems out there, the response to IPL in melasma can be inconsistent.

Fot this reason I like peels and other modalities that are a bit more consistent in response. In addition, Fraxel Restore has worked more consistently than IPL and is FDA approved for melasma.

No matter which way you go, you need a good, board certified dermatologist to help you with this chronic skin disorder.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

145 Robert E. Lee Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124