Invisalign on False Half Tooth?

When I was young, I was in a motor accident and I lost half of a front tooth. A root canal had to be done on the other. I had an overbite before that gappened. Could I still have Invisalign despite having basically a false half tooth?

Invisalign on false half tooth

+1

It will be worked into the treatment with no problem at all. If its a bonded tooth then after the Invisalign is finished you may want to put a permanent crown on the tooth to strengthen it.

Dr Thomas

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign will work on teeth that have been built up with composite

+1

Yes, it is possible to have invisalign if you have a partial real tooth and a partial tooth that is a composite restoration. It would be best to consult an orthodontist to recommend the best course of treatment for your particular case. Care must be taken when moving teeth that have been previously traumatized.

New York Orthodontist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.