Is Invisalign Teen Cheaper Than Regular Invisalign?

My Mother and I are considering getting Invisalign for me. I'm in the ages between 13-16. We want to know if the teens Invisalign is cheaper than the adult Invisalign.

Invisalign cost varies with complexity of treatment.

+1

The major factor determining the cost of any orthodontic treatment, Invisalign or conventional, is how complicated the presenting bite problem is. The more complicated, the longer it will take to correct and thus the more time the orthodontist will devote to the treatment. With Invisalign and regular braces you are "buying" the skill, expertise, and experience of the orthodontist and his/her staff, not just the braces or aligners. As a result there is a wide range of fees - the exact fee for each patien tbeing determined by their specific treatment needs.

Mercer Island Orthodontist

It may cost more

+1

Invisalign Teen is designed for the non compliant teen in mind, knowing there will be some replacement trays to cover. If cost is a factor, traditional brackets should be considered. Some offices inflate the fee on young patients and replacement trays are included, some offices have a lower up front fee and charge per lost tray. In the end, the cost is likely the same.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Teen versus regular Invisalign

+1

Generally, the cost of Invisalign varies dependant upon each case. On the whole The cost of Invisalign Teen and regular Invisalign does not differ significantly.

Gursh Bajwa, BDS
London Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign Teen vs. Regular

+1

There really shouln't be any significant difference in price. You must have all your permanent teeth to qualify for Invisalign Teen therefore you are similar to an adult Invisalign treatment. If you qualify for Express, you may have some savings there, but that would be more dependant on the complexity of the treatment (how long it will take and how many trays you require).

Many dentists believe the same as I do, that teens are more likely to lose a set of trays, or not be compliant with keeping them in 22 hours per day. This will extend the legnth of treatment, and losing trays will increase the cost, therefore, many dentists won't do Invisalign Teen without discussing the possibility of the increased cost.

M. Andrew Atwood, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist