Does Invisalign Work on Overcrowding with Turned Tooth?

Hi, I'm 16 years old. I had braces twice because I didnt wear my retainers. I have overcrowing and one turned tooth. Will invialign be able to fix this problem? If so, how long?

Invisalign works well for orthodontic retreatment

+2

One of the number one applications for Invisalign is retreatment of teeth that were once straight, but relapsed slightly after braces. It is unlikely that the relapse would have been so drastic that Invisalign can't handle it. You may even qualify for the "Express" treatment which should be less expensive than the Invisalign "Full." You need to get your teeth evaluated and an Invisalign dentist should be able to tell you.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works if there is enough space

+2

By making enough space with  expansion or stripping, Invisalign is able to correct over crowding and rotation. ask your dentist to prepare your clincheck adn  show you how the aligners work.

Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

30 degrees or more is a difficult movement for Invisalign

+1

As a general rule if your tooth is rotated more than 30 degrees, you'll want to use some sort of fixed braces solution to aid in the movement of your teeth.

That being said, with the proper attachments, velocity of movement, and great compliance, extremely large rotations can also be corrected.

Speak to your local experienced Invisalign provider to find out what is best in your particular situation. Best of luck :).

Toronto Orthodontist

Invisalign is great for rereats

+1

Most of the time, braces used originally have done the lion's share of work in rotating and aligning. If teeth relapse, they usually do not get as bad as they were at first, which means Invisalign is GREAT for these cases. Your dentist or orthodontist should be able to tell you how long, but most cases average around 11 months. Express cases are 5 months or less, so hopefully you qualify for that, which comes at a reduced fee.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and Chain elastics may be the answer

+1

If one tooth is severely rotated it may be better to use chain elastics to rotate teh tooth prior to invisalign. Invisalign is limited in the amount of rotation it can do....

Best to discuss this option with your dentist at your consult

New York Cosmetic Dentist