Will Invisalign Work for Crowded Front Teeth?

I have crowded front teeth on the top and bottom. I also have a tooth that is growing a little behind all my other teeth, on the top and 1 on the bottom. I may have an overbite, but its not to severe I DO NOT want metal braces. Will Invisalign work for me? We have a premier provider in the area.

Invisalign can work for you after Dentofacial Orthopedics!

+1

What you describe is a significant skeletal imbalance between the size of the teeth and the bone structure to hold the teeth.  To create the best result and achieve the best stability, you need a doctor who uses Dentofacial Orthopedics (DFO), or fancy removable retainers prior to using Invisalign or braced.  Otherwise the orthodontist may recommend removing as many as four teeth to get your teeth straightened.  The advantage of the DFO treatment (typically 4-6 months) prior to braces or Invisilign is not only the elimination of permanent tooth removal, but the creation of a full movie star like smile.  Many orthodontists don't offer this type of treatment (not trained or don't believe it works), but having treated many thousands of cases over the last 25 years, I can assure you that it is very effective and stable.  Good luck to you.

Denver Orthodontist

Invisalign can work for front teeth crowding

+1

You may be an extraction case and the premiere provider is just the one to do that type of treatment. Metal or porcelain brackets suck! I've had them in my mouth before and I didnt like them at all, especially as an adult.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

The answer is always Yes, but with conditions

+1

Depending on the goals and expectations, Invisalign MAY work. If the crowding is severe, the shape of the teeth may need to be altered (slenderized) to create room for the movement. After all is said and done, the end result MAY not be as perfect as wire braces. If "better" is all you desire, then Invisalign should be fine.

Not all wire braces are metal. Tooth colored ceramic brackets are virtually invisible and much more predictable. A consultation with your local premier provider should let you know what you should expect from Invisalign.

Web reference: http://www.seattledentistblog.com/category/invisible-braces/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.