Would I Have to Get the Buttons with my Invisalign Aligners?

Maybe you'd have to get buttons with your Invisalign aligners

+1

You can find out on your first appointment or consultation. The buttons are placed commonly on most cases now days. It really shortens the length of treatment and gives us more leverage to straighten a tooth. The buttom can be made of clear acrylic to that it barely shows. It does make Invisalign a little less invisible but they are worlds better than conventional rail road tracks of yesteryear.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign buttons

+1

Buttons are used for various reasons for Invisalign. Typically, they are used for rotated teeth or stuborn movements that require anchorage to keep te aligner from dislodging. Each mouth is different and the determination to use buttons is based on the treatment goals and severity of the movements.

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign buttons can really help

+1

Buttons with Invisalign cases vary from case to case. Not all cases require them, but when indicated they really do increase chances of success. Without them, the aligners (or trays) have nothing to "hold" and may not get the teeth to track as you desire. If there aren't many rotations, it may not be an issue.

When planning the case, you CAN ask for a case without buttons, but there will be many warnings from Invisalign, "washing their hands" of the results (if they feel success will only come from using buttons).

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/invisalign-seattle.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist