Invisalign or Braces to Correct Overbite or Overjet?

I have an overbite or overjet of 4 mm. I also have 3 baby teeth, 2 in my upper jaw and one in my lower. I had braces previously. Could I use Invisalign to correct my overjet? If so, I would do this and then get implants. Would it be better to have the baby teeth pulled and go into braces again? I am missing both upper canines and the braces would have to pull my first premolars into that position. Would that look natural? Also, I was told that to preserve my bite, I would have to pull the baby tooth from my bottom jaw and the corresponding permanent tooth.

Invisalign vs. braces when missing teeth

+1

Hi,

With regards to your question, overjet and overbite are 2 different things. Overjet is the horizontal distance between your upper and lower front teeth and overbite is the vertical distance between the upper and lower teeth. In general, invisalign is better at correcting overjet, but can help with overbite if the right attachments are used.

In your case, where you are missing teeth, have baby teeth and will ulimately require implants to replace them, it would seem that braces are the best option. Without seeing your case and records, it is hard to give a definitive answer, but the best way to align teeth and get the proper root position needed for implants is with braces, and not invisalign.

As far as your other questions about the treatment option suggested to you about moving the premolar into the canine space, etc. I would need the full set of records to comment on that as there could be a few different treatment options for you.

New York Orthodontist