Invisalign or Braces for Anterior Crossbite?

I have a small gap in between my front teeth and also have an anterior crossbite. Will Invisalign fix this, or will I have to wear braces instead?

Go with Invisalign

+2

Invisalign can certainly fix both problems and its an easier treatment for you the patients to wear and maintain. Standard braces can cause gum disease and enamel fracture.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Both methods CAN work

+2

The forces applied on the teeth are the same, whether from clear aligners or from brackets. The limitations are similar as well. If only a single tooth is in crossbite, both should work well. If the crossbite is skeletal, where the entire jaw is off, then a surgical consultation would be needed.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works well for crossbites

+1

Single tooth, or functional crossbites can be fixed fairly well with Invisalign. Whether invisalign can do it depends on the severity. If you have a skeletal crossbite, it is difficult for either braces or invisalign to fix. With a skeletal crossbite, your lower jaw protrudes too far as an underbite, and you would need a combination of braces and jaw surgery to fix. A thorough evaluation can reveal whether you can be treated with Invisalign.

M. Andrew Atwood, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign and Braces are both ok for cross bite and closing the gap

+1

Invisalign and Braces, both can fix the Gap and Cross bite. It depends on your age and budget to choose one of them. nvisalign is more expensive but can not be used at minors.

Bruce Vafa, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist