Invisalign for a 59 Year Old?

I am 59 years old, and my teeth had been filled up because of my gum disease. Can I have Invisalign treatment?

Invisalign may be helpful if used correctly

+1

You shouldn't start any treatment until the periodontal disease is under control. I have one patient in treatment whose front tooth was mobile and at risk of being lost due to malposition. We treated the peridontal disease, and coordintated treatment with an orthodontist and oral surgeon. They repositioned the front tooth and the bone regrew around that area. This may not work for everyone, but it may help you also. I would recommend seeking out an experienced dentist and begin by finding out what your options are, and how willing you are to pursue them.

Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign works for you if your gum is healthy

+1

Invisalign works for all people after 18. When the growth is finished, we are able to use the Invisalign. But at your age, do you have any missing tooth? Implants? Bone recession? If your answer is yes, your dentist will consider the modification and/or other substitute treatment for Invisalign. Most important part to check at your situation is tooth bone support.

Bruce Vafa, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign beneficial for all ages

+1

All ages are reaping the benefits of Invisalign: Straighter teeth, less gum problems, and longer tooth life. We now have Invisalign teen for the young folks. 59 is a perfect age to finally fix your teeth and live life to the fullest.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign should be fine

+1

First and foremost, is the gum disease active? In the presence of inflammation, orthodontics of ANY kind is not a good idea.

If it is under control, Invisalign is no different than wire braces. The same forces are used. At 59 years old, there may be other factors involved as well, so a consultation with a dentist or orthodontist would help determine if orthodontics of ANY kind is a good idea.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist