Surgeon Who Specializes in Removing Indented Scars?

Im a 30 year old woman and I need some advice for an indented scar on the side of my chin area. The scar is from persistent acne years ago and the skin never elevated from it--it's a 5 year old scar. I tried going to a surgeon in Chicago but he said there's nothing he could do. So I am now looking here for answers to diminish the scar and smoother the texture of my skin in my chin area. Please recommend a surgeon who specializes in the area if you can. I live in Southeast Wisconsin, near Milwaukee.

Surgeon Who Specializes in Removing Indented Scars

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find qualified, board certified plastic surgeons. Dr. David Larson and Dr. Terrence Wilkins may be possibilities. Consult with 3 - 4 physicians, and choose the one who can best customize a treatment plan suitable to use.

Indented scar

+1

Dear Madison79,

The chin is very difficult area to do a scar revision because to cut out the indentation and repair it will leave you with a defect that may require a flap for repair. For acne scarring, you can try subcision which can be done by a dermatologist or you may consider a filler that can lift up the skin. Start out with a hyaluronic acid filler so that if you don't like it, the result is not permanent. Then you can move on to a more permanent solution. If you are looking for a dermatologist in your area check out aad.org. You can search by area.

Good luck,

Dr. Mariwalla

New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon