Incision for Excision of Glandular Formation After Vaser Lipo?

I had Vaser Liposuction done for Gynecomastia. It didn't turn out well as there is substantial glandular formation.

My doctor is willing to go back and do excision. I am wondering whether to have the cut be under the areola or under the breast, those were my options given. What do you recommend?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Vaser lipo is not better then other liposuctions and does not remove gland

+1

Unfortunately Vaser liposuction is like every other liposuction and is not magical.Most people will need Excision and liposuction and not only lipo.for good results and elimination of the gynecomastia problem. Using my experience the best incision are under the areola,because the healing is significantly better then any other incision.Personally I have never use a incision under the breast.Just make sure that your surgeon has experience with gynecomastia surgery.

Excision of breast tissue in a male is usually done with an incision at the border of the areola.

+1

There are options for placement of incision depending on the specifics of the problem and the preferences of the surgeon.  However, most simple gynecomastia is excised through an incision that is placed at the border of the areola and chest skin.

Incisions for resection of gland tissue in gynecomastia

+1

The size and location of incisions for the resection of glandular tissue depend on the amount and location of this tissue on your chest. If you have a small amount of tissue directly underneath the areola or centrally on your chest, a simple excision may be performed through a small incision around your areola. We have performed this on several patients who have received liposuction before but have retained a small amount of fat centrally.

Gynecomastia removed with short nipple scar.

+1

Hi.

Almost every gynecomastia patient who needs male breast reduction has to have both liposuction and excision of breast tissue under the nipple.  The breast tissue is best removed with a short scar inside the nipple. Absolutely avoid scar under breast.

Gynecomastia

+1

First I would determine if you are dealing with a Plastic Surgeon. Second I would ask if he /she has any experience with gynecomastia. If the answer is no I would cut my loses and see someone who has experience with your problem. It is exceedingly unusual to utilize any incision other than a periareolar incision.

Incision for excision of male breast gland after Vaser Lipo

+1

Periareolar incisions would give the best results. I would wait until the post operative inflammation subsides to allow for a softer, less bloody operative field.

Good Luck.

Periareolar incision for gynecomastia

+1

Peri-areolar scars are usually used to remove glandular tissue. Most scars will heal in nicely as the scar blends in with the areolar. It is especially useful in those males who have little chest hair to help conceal a scar elsewhere on the breast.

Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastectomy Incision

+1

In my experience, glandular tissue virtually always needs to be excised.  I prefer to carry out the excision via a periareolar incision, because the resultant scar tends to be less visible since there is already a color contrast present.

Incision for excision of gynecomastia glandular tissue

+1

in many instances I prefer the incision placed beneath the areola to excise the glandular tissue. I have found that the scar in this location tends to heal with a more favorable outcome compared to the breast crease.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/malereduction.html