Ideal Breast Cup Size my Frame?

What is the best cup size for a body frame of 5 ft, 130 lbs with a cup size of 38DDD? Also, I'm 23 years old.

Ideal cup size after Breast Reduction to match frame

+4

Clearly a shorter woman (5 ft, 130 lbs) with a cup size of 38DDD is VERY top heavy and a lot of this excess breast weight CAN be removed for a better more attractive figure.

BUT -- everyone has different ideas on what constitutes a "perfect" appearance. This varies by sex, ethnicity, social class, age and geographic location. To give you an example, while Latin women may prefer fuller breasts, European women often consider cup sizes of full C and above as too big).

YOU should be the determining factor of what you want. As a general guideline, I would suggest that for an ideal hourglass shape, a vertical line drawn from the sides of the breasts downward should be the same as the line drawn from the sides of the hips upwards. If the breast line is wider - you will look bustier - if it is narrower - you will look smaller.

Good Luck.

Ideal cup size varies

+3

There is no ideal cup size. If you are only 5 feet tall, then anything larger than a D cup will make you top heavy. Consider how much your breasts are interfering with exercise or activity as well as what look you want to achieve. It is not possible to guarantee a specific cup size, but a breast reduction yields many benefits for women like you who may suffer from shoulder pain and intertrigo.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

What size for breast reduction

+2

Comfort should guide the decision in part about what size is best for you.  Without examining you, or seing a picture, for that matter, I would think that a small C cup would be the best for you.

Best of luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Breast reduction should leave you with small C cup.

+2

Hi.

Remember, I have not examined you, and this is just an estimate based on my pretty big experience.  But I would recommend aiming for a small C cup after breast reduction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Ideal Cup Size

+2

There is no ideal cup size like there is ideal height and weight.  What is ideal is what you feel comfortable with and what you can live with on a daily basis.

That may not be the answer you were looking but ultimately you have to make that decision for your self.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Ideal Cup Size

+2

There is no ideal cup size. Only you can determine your ideal cup size. If you undergo a breast reduction which is covered by insurance, you will probably need to go to the C/D range. If you are paying for your surgery, you can tell your surgeon the cup size that you desire. However, there is no guarantee that this can be achieved exactly.

John Whitt, MD

Ideal Breast Cup Size for Frame

+1
Cup size is not an accurate method to assess any breast surgery. Consult in person with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options and to more clearly your goals/objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

No right answer

+1
There is a lot of personal preference that comes into play here.  If you do not like your DDD breasts, then they are too large.  If you were to have a breast reduction, you could reasonably expect to be a D or C/D.  If you wanted to keep some of the volume a DD would be possible too.  It is completely up to you and the board certified plastic surgeon

Gary Lawton, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Ideal breast cup size for my frame?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant or breast reduction for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Understanding Cup Size

+1

Patients often speak in terms of cup size. Unfortunately, cup size is not always helpful because manufacturers of bras label their products differently and women don’t wear their bras the same way. For many women their bra size becomes their breast size even though they may not be directly related.

One of the most important decisions facing breast reduction patients is the final size of their breast. Most patients are striving for harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures. In other words, it’s important that their breasts fit their bodies regardless of cup size.

In addition, patients often have different ideas about what constitutes an attractive breast. Some patients want a natural breast with less upper breast fullness, while others want an artificial breast with more upper breast fullness. These decisions will affect the optimal cup size as well.

For these reasons, there’s probably no ideal cup size for any particular patients. The cup size chosen is the one that fits their body and meets their aesthetic goals. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon