How to Get Rid of Hypopigmented Scars on Legs?

I am an East Asian 32-year-old woman. I have scars all over my legs (these are from little wounds, scratches, bug bites and etc.). They all are lighter than my skin color. Is there a way to get rid of them or make them less noticeable? Thank you.

White scars on the legs

+1

Dear Jm2009,

Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot to do for these scars. They usually fade with time. You may want to consider cosmetic camouflage if they really bother you. DermaBlend (available at JC Penny and other retailers) is a line that I recommend. With you skin tone I would not recommend any laser as that can lead to worsening of the dyspigmentation that is troubling you in the first place.

Good luck,

Dr. Mariwalla

New Haven Dermatologic Surgeon