How Much Do YOU Charge for a Breast Reduction?

I've been looking for a doctor to do the surgery, and most of the places I've talked to will not give me a straight answer or they charge depending on how large or small my breasts are. I have two different sized breasts with a lot of back and neck pain. One breast is about a 38DDD and the other is about a 38C possibly D. I would like to be able to know how much it'll cost since I will be saving the money on my own and do not have insurance. Thank you!

Insurance and cost

+1

Breast reduction may be covered by insurance if you meet certain critera, specified by your insurance coverage.  Often times, insurance company will need documentation of back pain, shoulder pain, photos, your height and weight, size of your breasts and proposed weight of breast tissue that would be removed.  If you do not meet the criteria set by your insurance coverage, you will need to undergo breast reduction by self-pay.  Your self-pay breast reduction cost will differ depending on your surgeon's fee, facility fee, and anesthesia fee.  There is a geographic difference as well.  It will vary from $8000-$10,000.  Please visit with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss the overall cost as well as potential risks, alternatives, and benefits.  Good luck to you.

Breast Reduction Fees

+1

Cosmetic surgery fees vary widely throughout the country, and even in the same city.  You would probably pay in the neighborhood of $7000 to $9000 + MD Anesthesia fees.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Reduction Charges

+1

Breast Reduction in our office (non-insurance) ranges between $8000-$10,000.  Be careful you do not "bargain shop" for plastic surgical procedures: revisionary surgery can be more expensive in many ways.

Best Wishes! 

Breast reduction fee

+1
I am in NYC and charge $10,000 including anesthesia and facility fees. This is my signature operation. Others chargevmore but it is an operation about which I feel strongly and understand that, notwithstanding the number of hours involved in the OR and followup, there is a need to be sensitive to patients' financial circumstances, particularly on this economy.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Reduction and Fees

+1

The total fee for a cosmetic breast reduction at The Sullivan Centre in Columbus, Ohio averages about $5,600.00; this includes the surgeon's fee, the facility fee and the anesthesia fees. Pre-operative testing and pathology would be additional cost.  These fees will vary based on your geographical location.

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Cost of breast reduction

+1

Patients today have many excellent options in breast reduction surgery. There are many techniques that can reshape the breast, remove excess tissue that may be causing pain or discomfort, and create beautiful result.
The costs of a breast reduction depend on the technique that is used, the amount of time that is necessary, and the setting in which the surgery is performed. Many of our breast reductions can be done in an outpatient fashion in a surgery center.
In our practice, an outpatient breast reduction surgery that is not covered by insurance can range from $5000-$9000 depending on the level of complexity and how much time the surgery will take.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast reduction fees

+1

The fee for breast reduction variesin different parts of the country. It may run between $10,000 - $20,000 in NYC. Find a good doctor because the results good or bad last a lifetime.

$10,000

+1

Hi!

We charge $10,000 for  breast reduction, but Manhattan is a very expensive place.

Also, university hospitals have plastic surgery clinics, where the surgery is done by residents under supervision.  In a clinic, breast reduction should cost you $2000 or $3000.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

The fees vary somewhat by area of the country

+1

I agree with the other respondents; the fees vary somewhat by area of the country and skill/experience of the surgeon.  Total fees (surgeon's fee, anesthesia, operating room) in the Chicago area are $8,000 to $10,000.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Cost - why it varies

+1

When you are paying for a breast reduction as a non-insurance covered procedure, you end up paying several fees: the Surgeon fee, Facility fee, and Anesthesia fee. The surgeon fee is generally fixed and chosen by the surgeon - this is dependent on regional prices and the experience level of the surgeon. The other two fees are often time based, so if you have a very large frame and the procedure takes longer to complete, you will have to pay for the extra anesthesia and operating room time. In Dallas, you could expect to pay between 8000 - 10000 for a breast reduction.

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS