How Long Should I Wait to Act if I Think I'm Getting Capsular Contracture?

I saw my PS because I was worried the right breast is getting higher on my chest making me looked lopsided. Was told to do vigorous massage & see him for my 3 month appt at the end of Aug. Its not firm but not as soft as it was, the bottom of the breast has lost roundness.

My surgery was 5-27-09. I want to be proactive and understand that capsular contracture can't always be avoided but would like to know that I have done everything possible, even going for a second opinion.

Left Picture taken 6-22 and right picture 7-8.

Go for a second opinion

+2

It certainly looks as though you are developing capsular contraction on the right breast and possibly the left. I would return to the operating surgeon ASAP. If you get "blown Off" seek a second opinion from a Plastic surgeon who is a member of the Aesthetic Society.

Capsular Contracture

+2

It is early for capsular contracture, but it sounds like you are doing all the right things.  I would trust what your PS is telling you.

At this stage you can't massage too much.  Keep massaging and f/u with your surgeon in August.

Web reference: http://www.drkoneru.com

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for Capsular Contracture

+1

This certainly looks like early capsular contracture but your surgeon is the best person to determine this. Massage can definitely help, and you may want to ask him about Singulair and Vitamin E.