How Long Does It Take for Skin to Finish Peeling After a TCA Peel?

I did a 20% TCA peel 4 days ago. So far the only peeling that happened is been around nose and mouth area but nothing on the cheeks & forehead. How long does it take for skin to finish peeling after a TCA peel? I can see the top layer of my skin as I move my face but it just stuck on my skin and not peeling.

It usually takes a week for the peeling to be complete - then it takes a week to fully repair.

+1

It takes about a week for a TCA peel to finish peeling, and then another week for the skin to regenerate. For stronger peels, the healing process my take slightly longer, and of course, the vice versa is true with weaker peels.

For weaker peels, it is often common to not see the actual peeling of the skin, but know that there is a peeling effect nonetheless, just on a more microscopic scale. Still, the treatment must be the same - gentle cleansing and application of a healing ointment or cream (Aquaphor, Bionect, Biafine, etc.) for 1-2 weeks.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist