How Can High Cheekbones Be Achieved?

Achieving High Cheekbones

+3

There are two basic reasons for not having adequate “cheekbones.” First, is your genetic make-up. You may have just inherited low cheeks. Secondly, you may have lost them over time as gravity pulled the fat that was covering the cheekbones down. This lower fat fills the hollow below the cheekbone and, thus, makes the loss look even worst. For the first problem, a cheek implant or a filler, including fat, can be used. My favorite is an off the shelf product, Radiesse®, that lasts for 18 months or more. The best way of dealing with the second problem is reelevation of the cheek surgically through a lower blepharoplasty incision or with some facelift techniques. If you do not want surgery, then the fillers can give satisfactory results.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

High cheekbones can be achieved with fillers or implants

+2

High cheekbones can be achieved with fillers or implants. Basically, I would recommend a filler first to make sure that it is the look that you like because a solid implant would have to be removed if you are not happy or if it migrates. You can use short term fillers like juvderm or restylane which can last up to a year or intermediate term fillers like radiesse. Other options include sculptra which can add volume to the face in some cases as in my experience for at least three years. Then if you like the results of the fillers but want something more permanent you can go with various sized solid silastic implants which work very well. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

High cheekbones can be made with filler or facial implants

+2

The simplest way to create high cheekbones is with facial filers. I actually like to do this with patients considering implants to make sure they like the look before embarking on a surgical procedure.

Hyaluronic acid fillers are easiest and can be reversed if you don't like the result (which almost no one requests). For longer lasting results, Radiesse is the product of choice.

Surgical cheek implants, called malar augmentation is performed with silastic, solid silicone, or Medpor implants that are placed under anesthesia through the mouth. Numerous sizes and shapes are available. For total customization, custom cheek implants can be made that are based on modifying existing sizes or for unusual or asymmetric faces, on a 3-D model of the patient created from a CT scan.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

HIgh cheekbones--do it step by step

+1

I would recommend starting with a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane, or the soon to be released Voluma.  All of these can be reversed with a simple injection if you are not pleased with the results by a medication called hyaluronidase.  These fillers last approximately 6-9 months (longer with Voluma) and are a great way to see if you like the way your cheeks will look with filler.  You can then move to more longer lasting fillers such as Radiesse if you like the look.  As we age, we lose soft tissue and bone--these fillers can help restore the appearance you had at a younger age.  Finally, be sure to see someone with extensive experience injecting these products so that you achieve the best possible outcome. 

Laurie Jacobson, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

Achieve high cheekbones with cheek implants

+1

The best option for high cheekbones is to perform a cheek augmentation with Silastic cheek implants. These are synthetic implants that come in different sizes and shapes. They are placed through the mouth on the upper portion of the teeth and placed over the malar cheekbone. They are placed directly over the bone and are not felt by the patient. If the patient desires, they can always be removed, exchanged, or replaced if needed.

High Cheekbones

+1

The cheeks can be augmented using silicone implants placed through an intra-oral incision or the injection of fillers. I prefer the use of Radiesse if the injection technique is used.

Acheiving high cheekbones

+1

If you want a permanent change and one that can be reversed if you are unhappy, the only solution is a preformed Silastic (silicone rubber) cheek or malar implant placed next to the bone through an incision inside the mouth.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

High cheek bones and how to get them

+1

The simplest way to get high cheek bones is to use injectable fillers like Radiesse which can last 1-3 years.  These cn be reinjected and modified as you age over the years also.  Alternatively, a permanent cheek implant can be inserted through the mouth so there are no scars.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

High cheekbones can be achieved with fillers or facial implants

+1

Emphasizing and accentuating the cheek bones can be done either with injectable fillers (Restylane / Perlane. Juvederm. Radiesse) - which are the easiest to use, or by insertion of a variety of facial implants. The most commonly used implants are either made of Silicone, PTFE, or POREX.

High cheek bones and how to achieve them.

+1

There are many different options for this and range from:

1. Fillers (Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse...)
  2. Fat injections
  3. Mid-face lift
  4. Cheek Implants
  5. Bone Grafting

The correct option for you can only be made after consulting with a qualified surgeon.