Fraxel Restore or Repair for Under Eye Burn?

The area is also particularly sensitive as its under the eyes. The burns are only mild. Would I be better off with the less invasive Fraxel Restore, or should I try Fraxel Repair? How long to wait before treating the burn? Also, should the laser be tested on the skin first?

You may do better with topical treatments. Lasers aren't always the be all and end all!

+1

While the public invests a great deal of confidence in what lasers can do, almost to the point of impossible expectations, there are some things that ought NOT to be treated right away with lasers. On the other hand, there are some things that MUST be treated immediately with lasers for the best outcome.

In the category of things that ought to wait, burns would probably be one of them. I would instead use a growth factor agent like NeoCutis with PSP, which can be found at www.LovelySkin.com/neocutis

In the category of conditions that frequently need treatment at around 6 weeks after the injury, a scar that has happened after surgery or injury may respond well to a CO2 laser like the re:pair.

Unfortunately, it is rare to find a clinic these days that owns a laser (as I own 20 lasers) and doesn't want to use it for everything. There is a problem with overuse of lasers and your burn may not respond well to it or it may even make it worse.

Go to see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in your area with a good reputation and see what happens. Good luck.

Omaha Dermatologist

Fraxel restore or repair for Under Eye Lid Burn

+1

Hi Alexander,

Your treating physician after examining you should decide whether Fraxel restore or repair would be best for you. You may be treated after 3 to 4 weeks as long as the burn scar is healed (not open).

Unless you are dark skinned, I would not think that it is necessary to test spot your skin first.

These are all decisions that should be made with your treating physician.

I hope that you achieve maximum improvement.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD