Questions to Ask my Doctor Before Fraxel Restore Treatment?

I'm getting one Fraxel Restore treatment done this Friday. I have sensitive skin and I'm 28 years old. What are some questions that I should ask if before the procedure?

Fraxel re:store is safe even for sensitive skin

+1

Dear Gengen

Fraxel restore laser can be used safely even if you have sensitive skin. I would make sure your doctor knows about your sensitive skin because you may develop a little more swelling for a few days than the average person. If you have a special event or work where you can't be a little swollen, schedule your appointment accordingly or they can use lower the strength of the treatment which isn't a big deal and won't affect your results in the end. You may need an additional treatment to get to the same point had you had very aggressive treatments but you will avoid the swelling which may happen.

Good luck!

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel restore Single Treatment on Sensitive Skin

+1

Hi Gengen,

Fraxel restore is a very safe treatment, even for "sensitive" skin. Make sure that you let your treating physician know that your skin is sensitive, use sun block, and avoid the sun. You should do great. To get the best results from Fraxel restore, a series of 4 treatments is recommended. I guess you can ask what you can expect from a single treatment (I think not too much).

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD