Fraxel Repair Even when Skin is in Good Condition?

Does Fraxel Repair work better than Fraxel Restore even if skin in good condition now? I understand the differences in Restore and Repair but my two doctors have different opinions. One feels that I should just do Restore or a blend of Restore + Repair around the eyes since my skin is in good condition with only fine lines. The other feels that if I can afford the downtime that I might as well get Repair all over. I had Repair post-orbital 2 years ago with good but not dramatic results.

The enemy of good is better - stop here!

+1

Judging from your picture, you need little, if anything, done to you. You have great skin and fantastic cheekbones, so a laser procedure (either one) will only introduce risk of problems to you. I'd say that any person who touches you with Repair or re:store is more concerned with your wallet than your well being.

Omaha Dermatologist

Skin rejuvenation

+1

You certainly are focused and knowledgeable about your skin.  However, I agree that from your photo, skin really doesn't get much better than yours and it might be reasonable to continue with a medical grade skin care regimen and sun avoidance.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Fraxel repair, restore, or Just Keep Up the Good Skin Care

+1

Hi 11_22in SF,

By it's nature, Fraxel repair is a much more aggressive treatment and "works" better at treating lax skin, tone, and texture. Restore and repair are pretty equivalent in improving the color of the skin.

Your choice really depends on what bothers you. If around your eyes is the only place where your skin laxity bothers you, then restore plus repair of the eyes is the way to go. If you want overall tightening of your face and neck, then repair of the face and neck would be the choice. Your treatment should be based on what bothers you and what your goals are.

Your skin does look very good in your photo, so continued use of good skin care products is also a viable choice.

Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

A third option should perhaps be to do nothing at all

+1

though you can't always tell from such a photo, i tend to agree with dr lupo that you probably don't need any laser treatments (restore and/or repair) at this time. 

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Never do more than you need

+1

Your skin color and texture are fabulous, so I question whether you need anything more at this time other than a good maintainence skin care protocol.

I'd hate to see you have a complication when the amount of improvement will be negigible. You can't make skin look much better than yours.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist