Fraxel Repair for Redheads with Fair Skin?

How does Fraxel Repair treatment work on a redhead with fair skin? Is there a danger of infection?

Fraxel re:pair is fine for redheads with fair skin

+2

Fraxel re:pair does well with redhead with fair skin. You might have a little more redness than others, which will subside. There is no increased risk from infection due to your color of skin. Fraxel re:pair is a great modality for improving overall skin appearance and youthfulness. I don't believe there is a better single procedure than this for rolling back about 5-10 years.

Fraxel repair for Red Heads with Fair Skin...Lucy Would Have Had it if it Were Around Back Then

+1

Hi Red,

I love treating red heads with fair skin with Fraxel repair as they respond very well to the treatment. It does on average take a few more days for the red head's skin color to return to normal.

As with any laser procedure there is risk of infection, but not increased risk because of fair skin or red hair. We have been fortunate to have not had an infection during the 18 months that we have been treating patients with Fraxel repair.

Good luck and be well. Say hi to Rickie for me.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fraxel repair works well for redheads

+1

If you are very fair skinned, you will probably have some pinkness to your skin that will last a bit longer than in the average patient. The risk of infection is extremely low. I have only seen 2, and in one case the patient's dog licked her face when she got home. Neither patient suffered any problems from the infections (i.e. no scarring). Problems occur when patients aren't followed closely by a qualified doctor (dermatologist or plastic surgeon). It is very important for your doctor to be able to realize when their is a problem and how to treat it. Take care, Dr. Groff

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist