Wearing Makeup After Fraxel Repair

I am having Fraxel Repair soon and have the protocol for the first 3 days (Cetaphil cleanser, Aquaphor every 2 hours then Vanicream). How soon can I wear mineral make up and can you suggest lines of make up that help to conceal the redness when I will finally be able to get out and go to work, etc.?

You can usually wear it after about 5 to 7 days

+1

Mineral based makeup is great after a procedure like this, but don't try to wear it too quickly or you'll be disappointed. Also, keep in mind that you are trying to heal the area and if you don't use your healing regimen that your surgeon recommends you may heal less quickly.

We recommend the ColoreScience mineral based makeup (www.LovelySkin.com/colorescience) as it has various items that are specifically for red faces or patients recovering from procedures. If you have any questions on which are best, feel free to contact the customer service folks at the website.

Good luck!

Omaha Dermatologist

Make Up After Fraxel repair?

+1

Hi Toothpic in Minn,

Our patients are able to wear mineral make up (Jane iredale in our office) after 5 to 7 days depending on how they are healing, and how badly they need to get back to work.

You must be very careful both applying make up and especially removing make up during the first two weeks after treatment as your skin will be extremely fragile. When removing make up, make sure that you do rub or you run the risk of causing an abrasion.

What's really nice after Fraxel repair is at about 10 to 14 days, your skin should look like your just returned from a cruise or "sun vacation" and most patients only use lipstick and eye makeup.

Good luck, be well, and enjoy your rejuvenated skin.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

I usually say 5 days after the Fraxel re:pair is good to start wearing makeup

+1

At about 4-5 days, the aquphor is stopped and moisterizers are used. At his point, you can start to wear mineral make up. Make sure it's newly purchased and the applicator is new as well. I give my patients a tinted sunscreen which seems to hide the pinkness well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

MakeUp after Fraxel Re:Pair

+1

Once the skin is completely epithelialized, that is healed over, which is usually 3-4 days, you can begin to use makeup.  Mineral based is recommended and in our office we use either Bare Essentials or Couvrance.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon