Fraxel Laser After Sotret Acne Treatment?

I finished a 5 month course of Sotret in February 2008 and a second repeat course of 3 months of Sotret 10mg this month.

My doctos says that due to the low dosage of Sotret that I was on, we can start to repair the acne scars I have with Fraxel laser with a gap of just 2 months. Is that good advice or should I wait longer?

Laser treatment for acne scars after isotretinoin treatment (Sotret or other brands)

+1

I agree with the previous response that the standard is to wait 6 months before doing any laser treatment. This is based on prior experience with the original CO2 laser.Patients with recent isotretinoin treatment had more risk of scarring.  No study has been done with Fraxel but waiting seems prudent.

Torrance Dermatologist

Fraxel laser After Soret (Accutane)

+1

Hi Aussie,

We rountinely wait at least 6 months to one year before treating patients with Fraxel laser who have take Soret (Accutane).

Not worth the risk.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD