Fraxel Laser for Puffy Eyes?

Does Fraxel work on puffiness under the eyes? My physician said it would but I can't see it in writing anywhere.

Fraxel laser for puffiness

+1

When treating patients lower eyelids for fine lines with Fraxel, some of these same patients have puffiness also. Some improvement is seen with puffiness in these patients while other patients do not derive any lessening in the swelling below the eyelids. The puffiness can represent fluid collection or herniation of fat pads that normally sit back deeper to the tissue. Fraxel is not expected to address the latter causes.

Fraxel Laser for Puffy Eyes?

+1

Hi Cups,

It is difficult to answer your question precisely without a photo. In many patients, Fraxel repair laser tightens the lax skin of the lower eye lid resulting in less "puffiness" and smoother lower lid skin. If your puffiness is due to large fat pockets, then most likely a blepharoplasty is the answer.

Have a good at some of the before and after pictures here on RealSelf of Fraxel repair.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD