Does Fraxel Laser Work on Old and White Stretch Marks?

I'm 31 years old and I have ugly stretch marks on my upper arms--they're very annoying, I've had them for at least the past 10 years. It's ok for me if Fraxel laser treatment will only improve their appearance but could they go away completely? Also, I need to know how many treatments I would need?

Ah, the stretch mark questions again - if only we could do something worthwhile about these

+1

There is unfortunately no treatment that gets rid of stretch marks other than excision as for example in a tummy tuck.  All other treatments will leave you very disappointed considering the money you spend and the pain you might experience.   

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Fraxel might help but probably won't completely eradicate stretchmarks

+1

stretch marks are a very difficult problem to eliminate, especially ones as longstanding as these. the best you might reasonably expect is some improvement in how obvious they are, but you should not expect the laser to "erase" them completely (or even anything close to completely).

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon