Fraxel Effective on Asians with Nevus of Ota?

I'm a 28 year old Asian female. I have nevus of ota around my right eye and temples. Also, the acne scarring is pretty moderate and the pitted scars have blue color on the bottom. I had the nevus of ota treated about 2 years ago with Yag laser (two treatments 6 months apart) which helped fade it. I'm wondering if Fraxel would work on the acne scars and the nevus of ota, or would somehow worsen the nevus?

Q Switched Laser

+1

Nevus of Ota is a condition in which there is a blue-grey discoloration, usually on one side of the face, in the distribution of the ophthalmic/maxillary nerve. It is due to the placement of the melanocytes in the upper layer of the dermis. Ocular involvement is frequent. Malignant transformation is very rare.

It is most common in Japanese. Interestingly last week, I had a patient with this condition. When I told her the above, she informed me she is half Japanese. This is one of those conditions that patients carry around with them until they see a dermatologist or ophthalmologist.
As for treatment, the Q-switched laser of either ruby, Alexandrite or ndYag is very helpful. In fact, there should be 90% improvement with this modality. Against competition like this, I cannot see the Fraxel as being nearly as much benefit. However, I could not find a paper posing or answering this question.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist