Smoking Before and After Fraxel Repair

How long prior to and after Fraxel Repair should one refrain from smoking?

Fraxel repair and Smoking

+1

Put those Marlboros down for at least 2 to 3 weeks prior to your Fraxel repair treatment. It would be an ideal time to try to quit tobacco permanently if you can. You will heal better if your red blood cells are carrying healing oxygen instead of tobacco smoke.

I have found that smokers need more local anesthesia and have more discomfort during the treatment than those who have stopped smoking.

Whether or not you resume smoking is up to you and your philosophy of life.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

You shouldn't be smoking at any time before or after this or you'll be throwing your money away

+1

I am sure that you already know the answer to this question - smoking has helped to cause those wrinkles that you are paying dearly to abolish. So it is really important for you to stop smoking prior to having this done or you are pretty much wasting your money.

Additionally, the healing time will be much higher and results won't be as good. There are some fantastic smoking cessation programs and options these days, so good luck and use it as a 'reward' for your good choice to stop smoking!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist