Fixing Uneven Areolas and Breast Without Lift?

I have 4 children and am done with breastfeeding and having babies. I currently have implants (saline) over 500cc (DD or DDD). I have one areola that is bigger than the other and would like it even with the smaller one, can I have it done without a Breast lift?

I also have sutures in my breast and they ended up uneven. One breast is higher and smaller than the one that is lower and bigger, that is the one with the bigger areola. Is there anything you suggest to get them looking more even?

Breast lifts or reduction can sometimes be performed with very little scarring

+2

Hi Blue44

Without the benefit of an examination or even photographs it is hard to answer you question. I will therefore have to give a guarded answer and say it may be possible to achieve some of your goals without a standard breast lift. I assume you are concerned about the extensive scars normally associated with the breast lift. These can be viewed in brochures and on the Internet. It is possible to reduce your areolar diameters and only have a scar at the peripheral margin of the areole. From this incision you can also obtain some lifting through a “donut” mastopexy.

If the differences between the breasts are not substantial, the symmetry in lengths can be improved as well. Regarding the differences in volume, if you wanted to avoid a breast reduction, one option might be to place a smaller implant in the side with the larger breast. Whether these are possible would depend on the extent of you condition. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to receive a more definitive answer to your question.

I hope this response is of some value to you. Good luck in your future treatment and surgery.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Making Areola smaller

+1

Yes the areola can be made smaller without a lift BUT and examination (or at least a picture) is required to truly be able to make that statement.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Revision Breast Surgery Candidate?

+1

Given that you have completed having pregnancies  you may be an ideal candidate for breast revisionary surgery. Exactly what type of procedure will help you best will depend on your physical examination and goals.

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.

Areola differences

+1

While some size discrepancies between areola is normal, reducing one can be done to better match the other side, but there will be scars around it.

Uneven breasts and areolas can be fixed without a lift

+1

A significant asymmetry will always require a scar around your areola (the darker skin around your nipple), but this is not a breast lift. So the answer is yes you can fix your size discrepancy without a lift, but you will always have a scar around your nipple areola complex.

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

May need breast lift

+1

It is difficult to determine the best treatment for you without a photograph.  In general, with the degree of asymmetry that you are describing a breast lift may give you the best opportunity to giet a symmetric result

How to correct unequal size areola

+1

Hi Blue44. Without seeeing pictures it is hard to say. That being said, if one areola is larger than another, you can usually correct this and it might be possible to do it with just a peri-areolar scar and no lift. Regarding the asymmetry of your breasts, it could be that one is higher because you have capsular contracture on one side or it could be that one side needs a lift. Please attach photos to questions.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Best options for fixing uneven breasts

+1

All pairs of breasts are at least a little bit asymmetrical but it does sound like yours would benefit from a lift. There are several versions of breast lifts, some with very minimal scars, and determining which one is best really requires an examination. I know the idea of scars is a dterrent to getting something done, but patients almost always feel that it was worth it, and the scars do fade with time. I am not sure what you mean by having sutures in already, but that is something that would need to be assessed also.

Richard Baxter, MD

Fixing uneven breasts

+1

What you are describing (one breast bigger and lower than the other and having a bigger areola) is a classic situation for a lift and slight reduction.  There is no other way to correct each of these problems.  The nice thing is that the lift will correct every one of the issues you have.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Uneven breasts

+1

It sounds like you would benefit best by having a breast lift. Compromising on that procedure for something lesser will give you less results. You will need to see a plastic surgeon who can assess the situation and give you all of your options.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon