Fix for a Baby's Droopy Lip?

My son is 10 months old and I've noticed his lip droops only on the right side, whenever he smiles or cries. I'm not too worried now but what would happen when he gets older would this ever go away? Is there anything that I can do to help now that he is still small? Please help.

Droopy lower lip or lower lip weakness options

+2

There are no easy solutions for this. There is a procedure called a digastric muscle transfer but this is reserved only for severe cases. More commonly, people treat the normal side with Botox to weaken it. I would make sure your pediatrician is aware to make sure there are no other reasons for this.

This is a relatively common condition and occasionally associated with forcep deliveries. More often than not, it goes untreated. It appears that Sylvester Stallone may have this condition.