Fillers and Fat Injection for Hollow Under Eyes of 19 Year Old?

I am 19 years old. I have hollow under eyes which bother me! They make me look older and tired all of the time.

I have heard of Fat injections and Restylane, but I am not sure what I should consider? I'm just worried that the result might be worse. What do you recommend? Am I good a candidate?

Treatment for 19 year old with hollow area under the eyes

+1

While Restylane could be used, I do not recommend any treatment for you. The hollows under your eyes are part of your natural anatomy. Fillers such as Restylane last 6 months and are expensive. There are risks associated including bruising for up to 2 weeks. A safer and less expensive alternative is to see a makeup consultant and learn to use an under eye concealer to lighen the appearance of dark circles.

Torrance Dermatologist

Fillers for tear troughs under eyes

+1

It is very uncommon to fill the hollows under eyes (tear troughs) in a teenager. However if you want to try it I would recommend Restylane. It is the only filler I will use under the eyes. I have used fat injections in the past but I prefer Restylane. The other advantage is there is an enzyme that can be injected to make it dissolve if you don't like it. Be prepared for some possible bruising and swelling.

West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid fillers for hollow tear troughs

+1

I have never heard of doing this on anyone less than 30 but you do look like you might have the kind of tear troughs that would benefit from Restylane or Juvederm. These are more predictable and used more often these days than fat injections. Make sure to visit a plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience with this as there is a learning curve to get the best results.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Injectable Fillers work well for improving lower eyelid hollows.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photo. You're an excellent candidate for an Injectable Filler Treatment. This is performed painlessly with topical anesthetic, and there should be no downtime. Since the eyelid skin is so thin and delicate, you could develop a bruise that would be temporary.

You should find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in filling lower eyelid grooves, and you should view many photos before proceeding.

I've attached a link to my Silikon-1000 photos for your perusal.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/Action/List/ProcedureNameID/790/Page/2/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler treatment in a 19 year old

+1

Without examining you it would be difficult to tell you if you would benefit from fillers under the eyes.  FIllers can help camouflage lower eyelid depressions.  I would have to say it is extremely uncommon to offer this to a 19 year old patient.

Modern fillers such as Restylane are very safe and effective

+1

A few years ago there would have been very little that could be done to help you but the modern fillers such as Restylane are safe, effective and in our experience have worked well.

A subtle sculpting from your cheek area into the hollowed area in your lids could be beautifully done with very pleasing results.

I would not advise fat injection because of your age but Restylane should last several months ( even up to one year in the eyelids ). If your cosmetic surgeon uses Perlane it is also a good option with longer duration.

Good Luck!

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane or fat injections for under eye hollows?

+1

The hollows under the eyes would be nicely addressed with a Restylane injection there to sculpt a more smooth eyelid-cheek junction. I would not move immediately to a fat injection there just in case you didn't like the filling effect, and now it is a permanent change. Restylane is injected there with a very careful technique using just some topical numbing cream applied. This is truly one of my favorite procedures to perform on the face because the change is dramatic and immediate. The results can last up to a year or more in that area.

Dr. D

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon