Filler in Eye Area First or Chemical Peel?

I'm thinking of having fillers around the eye area, and I also want to have an under eye chemical peel. My question is: what is the right order to do it? Fillers first and then peeling or vice versa?

Results from fillers and chemical peels are so different so choose wisely

+1

There are different components of aging: wrinkles, discoloration, volume loss, and loss of elasticity.

Chemical peels correct the texture of the skin: discoloration and smoothness.

Fillers add volume to a hollow area and make it look youthful.

Have a consultation first with someone reputable in Greece- -don't just jump into it!

Los Angeles Dermatologist

Fraxel Dual is a better bet than chemical peels for lower eyelids

+1

Fraxel Dual works on tightening skin and reducing wrinkles. Best to tighten the skin first and then have fillers to fill in the hollows. We would do Fraxel Dual first and then wait about 4 weeks and then fill in the hollows with a hylaronic acid filler.

J. Timothy Heffernan, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

I would always augment and volumize before doing resurfacing

+1

Aging is in a large part due to a volume loss within the face. As we age we lose fat within our face, our bones get smaller and our skin thickness goes down too. A simple way to look at it is that we change slowly from a grape to a raisin.

Resurfacing in my opinion should always be done after you volumize or reshape a certain area. This is more applicable to more permanent or semi permanent filling and reshaping procedures such as face lifting and fat grafting to the face. But I generally follow that same principle even with fillers. Many times you will find that you will need to do less resurfacing after these more permanent procedures and semi permanent procedures.

Also, after these reshaping procedures, the wrinkles are less prominent and also respond better to resurfacing procedures like chemical peels and laser resurfacing because more of the surface becomes exposed.

Thanks for reading!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Injectable Fillers work well for lower eyelid rejuvenation.

+1

To reduce the appearance of bags in your lower eyelids, you can have an Injectable Filler treatment to fill the groove that develops between the lid-bag and your cheek.

I have not been impressed by the ability of chemical peels, or even laser resurfacing to reduce the appearance of lower eyelid wrinkles for long periods of time.

I've attached a link to my Injectable Filler photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and chemical peel timing

+1

You can do either one first, and you can do both together. If doing both together, it is probably better to do the filler first so that you donot have to inject through injured skin or swollen tissues.