Fat Tansfer to Fix Scars and Marks from Trauma?

I am having Fat Transfer next month. I am a 37 year old woman. I was kicked in the eye some years ago and you can see the boot mark in the right cheek bone.

What will the Fat transfer do? Will I have swelling and lumps and what if it goes wrong? I am going with the NHS. I also have a slash mark running up my tummy and bite mark on my chest. I am having all this done but feel unsure. What if it all goes wrong? What if my face looks worse? I am afraid.

Fat Transfer for depressed scars and marks from trauma

+1

Dear Tru,

Regarding : " I was kicked in the eye some years ago...you can see the boot mark in the right cheek bone ... also have a slash mark running up my tummy and bite mark on my chest."

Your picture does not blow up so it is impossible to comment on the extent of VISIBLE facial deformities you have mentioned.

As American surgeons, few of us understand the functioning of your NHS and who will be operating on you. It does strike me as peculiar that you still have such serious doubts after, supposedly having met with and arranged to have your face and body operated on by a (?Plastic) surgeon. I would urge you to meet with him/her again and have all your questions FULLY answered before submitting to these procedures. "What if it all goes wrong? What if my face looks worse?" - although unlikely, it is always possible in the best of surgical hands. Get your answers now.

Good Luck.

Fat transfer to the face

+1

First of all, do you trust your doctor? I wonder because if you did, why would you be asking these questions on the internet? Second, no guarantees can be made before this kind of surgery. Fat transfers may help but if the problem is an underlying bony deficit, this is not a true correction, only cover up. Maybe you need to go to a plastic surgeon who specializes in craniofacial surgery.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS