Possible to Have C Cup from Fat Injections to Breasts?

I am 5'2 and my hips are 42". I want to take fat from my hips and injected to my breasts. I am a 32A- and want to be a 32C. Is this possible with fat injection breast augmentation? Is it safe? How many sessions would I need to reach my goal? Another thing is I heard from others who have done this procedure that the fat had been melted off by their daily routine and it was a waste of money. Is this true?

Fat transfer, grafting, opr injection for breast augmentation or enlargement

+2

This was exceptionally controverisal in the past and is beginning to become a more viable option and recent studies have supported the potential application of this modality. It still remains unpopular for several reasons which mainly relate to the difficulty in predicting fat cell survival as well as the complications of fat death with nodules and irregualrities and confusing mammographic findings.

Recently a position paper was released by our society suggesting that this may be an option that warrants further investigation.

C CUP AFTER FAT TRANSFER TO BREASTS

+1
During the fat grafting procedure, fat is suctioned from one area, processed, and then injected into breasts.  Once the fat has been transferred about 70% will attach to the blood supply in the breasts and remain viable.  When the fat cells become viable, they become permanent like any other tissue in your body.  However significant weight loss could alter your results if your body is prone to shed weight in your breasts.  If this happens you would need additional repeat procedures to regain the lost volume.   For patients that want to significantly enlarge their breasts I do not typically recommend using a fat transfer to the breasts and generally recommend an augmentation with implants.  This reduces the risk of needing additional procedures.  With any surgery there are risks but with an experienced plastic surgeon the risks of liposuction are minimal.  Be sure to research only board certified plastic surgeons in your area to confirm that you are a candidate for a fat transfer breast augmentation.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastc

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Fat grafting to the breast!

+1

Fat grafting is a valuable tool in breast surgery. This technique has gained more popularity over the past 7 years. There are many techniques used to harvest the fat, process the fat and then re-inject the fat. Conventional suction lipectomy is performed with a small diameter cannula, processed by separating the liquid and fibrous tissue from the fat, and then placed into syringes for re-injection or through a closed system.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Breast Enlargement with Fat Transfer

+1

It is certainly an option but you would most likely need two or three sessions to achieve the amount of enlargement you're talking about...and there is at least some controversy remaining about exactly how much fat lasts after this procedure.  I don't know that there's an absolute answer to that issue.

For more dramatic and immediate results you may need to consider implants.  You should, of course, meet with a plastic surgeon to go over the specifics of your case.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS