Fat Transfer or Sculptra to Hide Under Eye Veins?

Something strange and unexpected happened after my under eye CO2 Resurfacing at age 37: Several large purple veins are now apparent under the eyes and there are also some broken blood vessels. Is this fixable?

I have tried the Versapulse 5 times so far with little/no results. I was told that fat transfer or Sculptra over the veins is the best and only solution to cover the veins. Are they the best options to cover veins under the eyes?

Sclerotherapy, V-beam laser or 1064 laser for eyelid veins

+2

Sculptra and fat transfer will not have an effect on eyelid veins.

The CO2 thins the skin, which is why the veins are now more visible.

The 1064 Yag laser is probably the most effective laser for veins-I assume the versapulse used 532. I would try 1064 first.

If 1064 laser fails then consult an experienced occuloplastic surgeon who knows how to do sclerotherapy on the eyelid.

Try V beam laser

+1

You might try the V beam if the Versapulse wasn’t effective; but it works on tiny caliber veins. The bigger veins can be stitched closed by an oculoplastic surgeon if they agree that this would be good for you. Be wary of fat and Sculptra over the veins as it may look like lumps when it heals.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fat Grafting / Sculptra for Under Eye Veins

+1

These veins are located very superficial; just underneath the skin. Fat grafting is very effective for under the eye hollowness (a.k.a. tear troughs) and Sculptra is used by some physicians (personally, I do not).

But for your issue, both fat grafting or filler injections would likely fail to provide satisfactory results. These volume treatments should never be placed that superficially in the lower eyelid region.

Vascular lasers such as a YAG can be tried. If this does not work you may be left with 3 further options: attempt of micro-coagulation, make-up or surgical repair through a small incision.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long-pulsed ND Yag laser

+1

Versapulse never works for those purple veins, but another laser, the ND Yag would probably works.

Sculptra under the eye has a high complication rate, and fat often lumps. I'd look into the Nd Yag laser option.

Good luck.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist