Ask a doctor

Fat Injections to Thicken Stretched Earlobe?

I am an eighteen year old female who is currently stretching her earlobes. The basic idea is to get them to look like the attached picture. One of my earlobes has stretched unevenly, unfortunately, and I was wondering if it would be possible to get fat injections in the thin spot to make it permanently thicker. I am currently stretched up to 1 1/4 inch. I would appreciate your help on this subject.

Doctor Answers 2

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Fat grafting to earlobule may not work

Generally fat injections would do better in areas of vascularized tissue. The stretched earl lobule would be unlikely to support any substantial amount of graft. In my opinion this is not a recommended procedure for the ear and I would disourage you from undergoing the procedure.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 54 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.