Fat Grafting After Radiesse?

Can I get fat grafting after having Radiesse injected? If so, how long must I wait? Thanks.

Fat grafting over radiesse

+1

Fat can be grafted over Radiesse but for the sake of accuracy in placement of fat it is a good idea to wait until most of the product has gone

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/fat_injection.php

Fat grafting done between 3 weeks to 3 months after Radiesse

+1

A direct answer would be 3 weeks to 3 months depending on all other factors involved as stated by other posting doctors. 

Just be careful, get at least 2 opinions in person!

Fat injections after Radiesse

+1

Fat injections, fat grafting, fat transfer all refer to a technique of taking fat from one are of a patient and moving it to another area deficient in volume. Results of fat injections are not guaranteed. There are many variables that might interfere with the "take" of the graft. One of these influences is the surrounding circulation. If there is less oxygen available to the new cells that don't have their own oxygen supply, then the fat cells might die. The prior filler might compromise the available circulation by physically being an interference between the filler and the fat cells. Therefore, it might be best to wait for the filler to dissolve.

Radiesse and fat injection or graft or lipoinjection

+1

Fat grafting may be possible after radiesse. Generally, I would wait about 3 weeks. IF it is in the exact same area, I would wait 3 months. Radiesse is composed of primarily two ingredients one of which takes 3 months to absorb and make the product softer and less cohesive. IF fat injection were perfromed prior to this the cohesive (lumpy) quality of the radiesse could interfere with placement of the fat.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/fat.html

Fat Grafting to the Face After Radiesse Injections

+1

Hi Em,

It depends on how much Radiesse was injected, where, and when.

The goal of fat tranfer to the face is to achieve a permanent result. Therefore it is important that your fat transfer physician has the best idea of where you need volume replacement at the time of your procedure.

You should wait until the effects of Radiesse have disappeared, and then have your fat transfer.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fat Injection after Injectable Filler Radiesse

+1

Yes.

A better response to your answer depends on where you were treated with Radiesse, and where you are considering facial enhancement with fat grafting.

Generally, if you are considering adding more volume or filling wrinkles in the same area as a prior injectable filler, such as Radiesse, it's better to wait until the first treatment if complete. The plastic surgeon will be able to better determine how much fat to transfer, since fat has the potential of permanent facial rejuvenation.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon determine the appropriate treatment options for you. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting after Radiesse

+1

If you are trying to convert from a temporary filler such as Radiesse to a possibly more permanent filler such as fat, I would recommend you wait until most all of the Radiesse is gone so your doctor will know how much fat they need to inject. I would suggest you consider just re-doing the Radiesse at that time however because not all fat grafts take and they do require a surgical procedure to harvest the fat.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com