Type of Facial Wash to Use After Chemical Peel?

The only soap I use is pretty drying for my normal to oily skin. I was wondering if using Manuka Honey to wash my face gently after the Chemical peel is safe?

Cleansing after a chemical peel

+1

We generally advise a very mild cleanser after a chemical peel or microdermabrasion, not soap, not exfoliating, and not any cleanser that has salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Your dermatologist is the best person to ask about your post-peel skin care.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical peels and cleansing

+1

Your cleansing routine would be determined by what type of chemical peel you had.  If you had a light glycolic acid peel, use a gentle cleanser and moisturizer such as CeraVe.  If you had a deeper peel, hopefully it was with your dermatologist who would advise you on post peel treatment.  Please avoid the sun after your peel to prevent postinflammatory hyperpigmentation or brown patches.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Gentle cleansers are best after a chemcial peel

+1

Generally speaking, a gentle cleanser, without medication or glycolic or salicylic acid, is best after a chemical peel for the week after the peel. Of course, it's best to ask your doctor.

Dina D. Strachan, MD

Ask your surgeon

+1

Chemical peels vary as much as the styles of the surgeons applying them. Before you use anything on freshly peeled skin ask your surgeon. What you want to use may be safe, but you can't know unless you bring your doctor in on the plan. Your doc may have preferred products that he or she wants you to use for a period of time.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon