Houston Doctor Reccomendations for Eyelid Ptosis Surgery?

I am 24 and I have had ptosis in my right eye since birth. It is not very visible unless you look for it, but being a young girl it still bothers me. My insurance won't cover the surgery and now that I am able to save some money, I am looking for a good surgeon to get the overdue job done. I am in the Houston area and would like to know how I should go about getting this done and if I can get a recommendation to a good doctor? Thank you.

Houston Doctor Recomendations for Eyelid Ptosis Surgery

+1

The ASPS website is a good resource for qualified surgeons. Dr. Henry Mentz and Dr. Mary Shinn are two possibilities. Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to find one that best meets your needs.

Eyelid doctor

+1

Though I do a lot of cosmetic eyelid surgery here in Houston, congential lid ptosis is something usually outside the perview of a cosmetic surgeon. If you were my relative, I would have you evaluated by Dr. Ernest Cronin in Houston. 

Robert Steely, MD