Experienced Eyelid Surgery Doctor in NY or NJ?

Can you recommend a New York or New Jersey eyelid surgery doctor with experience in baggy eyes and dark circles, please? I am 26 yrs old. Am I too young?

Experienced Surgeon For Eyelid Surgery

+1

First, I don't think that age is an issue. If there is a problem that is bothering you and it can be safely treated, then by all means a 26 year old may have cosmetic eyelid surgery.

There are many surgeon qualified to handle these procedures. Training and experience are very important. I am a board certified and fellowship trained Ophthalmic Plastic Surgeon was selected by Castle Connellly as a top doctor. I feel I would be a good choice to evaluate you and if necessary to perform surgery.

Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Experienced Eyelid Surgery Doctor in NY or NJ

+1

The American Society of Plastic Surgeons website will be a good starting point for a list of qualified surgeons.  Dr. Parmod Sharma is a possibility.  Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to find one that best meets your needs. Photos will help to determine if you are a candidate. In person consultation is most beneficial to confirm and develop a surgical plan that makes sense for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Eyelid surgeon in New Jersey

+1

I am an ophthalmic plastic surgeon, which means I specialize in the eyelids along with the face. I perform eyelid and lower eyelid surgery every week.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Washington DC Oculoplastic Surgeon

You are not too young.

+1

I commonly treat young people with lower lid bags. It is usually a straight forward procedure to remove them - and they often do not reoccur. What you have has been inherited - it is not a sign of aging. It can usually be corrected without any external incisions. Look at my web site for some examples.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Eyelid surgery

+1

Without examining you, it would be difficult to suggest what you should have done. If you have bags of fat in the lower lids, this can be easily treated by removing the fat from inside your eyelid. This will not leave a scar on the lower lid skin. Dark circles may be a pigmentation issue and again it is best to evalute in person. Good Luck.

Eyelid surgeons in NY/NJ

+1

There are obviously MANY extremely qualified eyelid surgeons in these states. Two that I know who are well regarded are Glen Jelks and Charles Thorne in NY.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Experienced eyelid surgeon in New york

+1

The New York Metropolitan area has many good board certified plastic surgeons who are experienced  in eye lid surgery. There is one that I can reccomend without reservation. Me. Should you wish to explore this further please go to my web site and pix.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

There is truly a vast array to choose from

+1

Dear Monkey

For eyelid surgery, you should look for a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon. These are by far, the best trained individuals offering eyelid surgery. In addition to being board certified eye surgeons, they also complete a very specialized and rigorous two year fellowship devoted to eyelid and facial plastic surgery. Approved fellowships through the Amercian Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) typically offer the fellows exposure to approximately 1200 eyelid surgeries per year. There are not other training programs that provide this level of training and experience for eyelid surgery. You can find a geographic listing of these individuals at the ASOPRS website: ASOPRS.org.

Experienced Eyelid Surgery Doctor in NY/NJ

+1

There are many experienced doctors in NY/NJ for eyelid surgery. However, if I had to choose one I would recommend Dr. Norman Pastorek.

You are young at 26 to have eyelid surgery but it could be herediatry where some people age fast in that area.

Dark circles could be from reasons other than baggy eyes. It could be allergies, pigmentation, increased vascularity in the area.

Also remember, for younger individuals sometimes improvement in the lower eyelid area can be achieved by fillers like Juvederm and Restylane. You might be a candidate for that.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

New York or New Jersey Eyelid Surgery Doctor

+1

There are several well qualified, board certified plastic surgeons in the area with experience in treating baggy eyes and dark circles. However, very few of us have had additional training in oculoplastic surgery, where we just focus on eye and eyelid problems. A consultation with a surgeon with these qualifications will give you better insight into your problems and allow you to achieve your goals using either surgical or non-surgical treatments.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon