Extra Fat in Belly

I have heard a lot of bad things about lipo. I still have 20 lbs to loseafter 2 kids in 3 yrs but would like to improve my belly now while I am still losing weight. I am on stage performing 2 times a week and I can't have too much down time. Is lipo the best? Who should I see in Chicago? What kind of Lipo? Tx. Toni 35 yrs old Chicago

Liposuction for belly fat

+1

First you need to see a physician who does a lot of liposuction for a good examination. If you can’t afford any down time, you might receive some improvement with skin tightening without fat removal by doing Thermage. If fat is needed to be removed, then there might be devices in the future (they are pending FDA approval) that without surgery can reduce fat via an externally-delivered treatment with ultrasound. In terms of liposuction, there is a spectrum of post treatment recovery time. Some people are able to do a lot of activity several days after the procedure and others are sore and not ready to be very active for several weeks. Compression garments may make you feel less uncomfortable in the acute postoperative course.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Not enough info.

+1

Without knowing your height and weight it is hard to determine how significant and realistically a twenty pound weight loss would be. The body contour can be improved with liposuction of some form, traditional lipo, power assisted, laser assisted, Bodytite lipo all will give a good result if the surgeon applies the correct technique to the right problem. After having two children you may have excess skin and or a rectus diasthisis, there for lipo alone may not give or cause enough skin shrinkage to occur . If so an abdominoplasty may be needed or either laser lipo or the as yet to be FDA approved Bodytite procedure may be needed. The bodytite procedure can cause as much as 30 to 40 % skin shrinkage. A consult with a Plastic Surgeon would be needed to determine individual needs.

a

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction can remove tummy fat and tighten skin

+1

Weight loss is best to do first. I have had excellent results removing tummy fat and tightening tummy skin after pregnancy.

The benefits I have observed using SlimLipo laser liposuction is that this technique leaves smooth skin after liposuction.

Web reference: http://saveyourface.com/whatsnew/category/laser-liposuction/

Lipo is not a weight loss treatment.

+1

I woluld recommend that you go ahead and lose yoru weight first. My preference for situations like this is that the patient be within about 10 lbs of the target weight and be stable so the result is optimized, and will stay good for the long term. Lipo is safe and provides a good result when performed by an experienced plastic surgeon.

Liposculpting is probably your best choice given your time frame

+1

Don't be scared of liposuction. All the problems and horror stories you have heard about are mostly from docs who still do the old traditional liposuction under general anesthesia and with big canulas. That is not done anymore by liposuction experts who do the tumescent technique with micro cannulas. You can be back to work in 2 days. I'm not aware of anyone in your area but i'm sure there are some docs there who do it right.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Usually after two kids you would do best with tummy tuck and lipo together.

+1

While no one ever wants down time it is always best to have the right operation. When you are 35 and have had several children and have a little extra weight, liposuction alone is unlikely to give you the results you really are looking for. With liposuction alone you will almost always have persistent loose skin on your abdomen which most women complain of rolling over the top of their panties. The only way to correct this loose skin problem is with a tummy tuck. This is usually done in conjunction with tightening the abdominal wall muscles and liposuction of the hip area. Over the past 3-4 years i and many others have been combining liposuction of the abdominal wall fat with the tummy tuck. This does a number of really great things. It thins the paniculous, abdominal skin and fat, it minimizes the surgical undermining which preserves blood supply and nerve supply to the abdominal skin. which makes the procedure safer and less painful. It also precludes the need for a suction drain. Unfortunately I can't recommend a surgeon in Chicago but there are many well qualified board certified plastic surgeons in that area. Ask the about this technique, it does make a difference in the results, the safety and the discomfort.

Lipo Now and Weight Loss Later Might Cause Unnatural Results

+1

Especially if you plan on losing 20lbs., your proportions might not match well after lipo. You could also develop loose or sagging skin depending on the condition of your skin after pregnancy. Each of these situations may result in you needing more surgery.

Of course it's impossible to tell without seeing you, but the best choice is almost always to have your plastic surgery when you are at or at ,least very near your goal weight.

Stick with your weight loss

+1

Maxpouitwith yourweightloss as muchas you can. It's healthy and inexpensive. Get your body down to its baseline and then decide if you need a tummy tuck or lipo. Your body will be better for the weight loss; the others are just 'icing on the cake".

Lipo of belly

+1

After a few kids, you may need a tummy tuck. If you have good tone of your abdomen with some subcutaneous fat and minimal loose skin, then you could be a candidate for just liposuction.  I do not know of any one in particular in Chicago. You should make sure that they are board certified in plastic surgery.

Liposuction versus Smartlipo versus Abdominoplasty

+1

It is really impossible to tell you what is best for you without seeing you are seeing a picture of you. However, your options are likely Smartlipo, Liposuction or Abdominoplasty. The recovery is less with liposuction versus abdominoplasty, but if you have extra skin or a round belly, then you may need the tightening of a full abdominoplasty. I hope this helps. Good luck.