How to Ensure Fraxel is Effective on Facial Acne Scars?

I was recommended to get Fraxel done on my acne scars. The Dr said my scars should be fairly easy to get rid off because they are not deep. But I'm very confused and worried about how different all the reveiws are.

Some say it worked, some say it did nothing, and some say it made it worse. Some also says its a miracle. I don't know what to do. Why are some people having no or negative results and how can I be sure it doesn't happen to me? How do I know what Dr to choose?

Acne scars and Fraxel

+1

Your concern and indecision is normal. That is why, in my other response, I indicated you should see an experienced laser surgeon who does the treatment themselves. They should examine your skin and discuss with you all the risks. Not all people will obtain the same results. Some have different scars, some people heal differently which can be a genetic situation, or a dietary problem, others may not be obtaining effective enough energies because their skin is at risk of pigmentation darkening so the doctor uses satisfactory energies but not as high as they could be with skin that is less prone to pigmentation. You need a significant number of treatments to see results. You won't see results after one or two treatments. THere is continued success of your body producing more collagen for six months after the last treatment. Some patients might be reporting a lack of benefit when they haven't given it enough time or gave up and did not have enough treatments.

Schedule a consultation with a laser expert to learn more about your skin specifically. Good luck.

Fraxel results are slow

+1

Fraxel Restore is safe and effective for acne scars, but it requires multiple sessions (3-8) and patience. It often takes 3-6 months after 3 sessions before you see any results at all. No treatment removes acne scars 100% and a lot of what you read is from those with unrealistic expectations.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Treating Acne Scars

+1

Fraxel is FDA approved for the treatment of acne scars. I have had good results treating acne scars with Fraxel. All of my patients have had improvment. The results will vary from patient to patient. Make sure you choose a physician who has experience with Fraxel and who you are comfortable with.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser therapy and acne scars

+1

Unfortunately there are no guarantees in cosmetic surgery. Fortunately, in the vast majority of instances, the conditions are improved. "Miracles" are not realistic and should not be expected. If you are concerned, you may want to try a test area first or an area that can be concealed such as the forehead.