Effects of Removal on Newly Implanted Breasts?

I am 5'7" and 108 lbs. I was a small A before my implants and I have 421cc silicone. It has only been barely 3 months since I got them. I now want to have them removed.

My PS said that I would go back to like before my implants since I haven't had them for too long. True? My concern isn't being saggy but will my natural breast tissue be visibly dimpled and wrinkled? Will I definitely be even smaller than before?

Early implant removal

+1

Most women who have implants removed will find that their breasts are deflated and the skin sags. But that does depend on the sin quality and thickness and amount of breast tissue. The skin will likely not return to its pre-implant condition. In my experience many women eventually seek a lift to improve the way their breast look both inside and out of clothing. But that decision is entirely personal. Good luck!

Breast implant removal

+1

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Occasionally, I see patients who just want the implants removed because they don't want the implants "to be a part of them" anymore.  Make sure you think about this and that this is the right thing for you.  It's difficult to say if you need a lift after removal -- no one will know exactly what your breasts will look like after the implants are removed until it is done.  Talk to a well-trained and experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and get good advice.

Implant removal and effects

+1

It is difficult to predict how the breasts will respond when the implants are removed.  Some do quite nicely.

Effects of breast implant removal (explantation)

+1

There are so many factors that will effect the ultimate outcome and appearance of your breasts following implant removal. These include:

1.Age (yes, over 40 does mean less elasticity/contractility than a 25 year old but usually more than a 60 year old)
2.Size of implant
3.Number of years implant is in place
4.Over or under the muscle placement
5.Length and duration of nursing while implants are in place
6.Natural volume of breast tissue

In summary, it is my experience that If you go with a conservative volume implant (that is a subjective and not objective term) relative to your breast tissue, it is likely that you will have some loss of upper fullness with implatnt removal but not a drastic amount of sag (ptosis).

I have prepared a video on youtube entitled Breast Augmentation Overview in which I show the consequences of two patients who have undergone implants removal:

1.Scroll to 1 min into the video and you will see a 40 year old who underwent implant removal 1 year after placement. I do not have the pre implant photos because the augmentation was performed elsewhere and the patient preferred to have me remove the implant rather than the initial surgeon

.
2.Scroll to 1 min 30 sec into the video and the second patient is a 42 year old who had implants in place for 20 years.

Occasionally, it is obvious that a person will need a lift and implant removal and replacement can be performed simultaneously although there are some concerns about the circulation to the nipple areolar complex. I generally prefer a two stage approach with implant removal followed b 6-9 months of observation and then decide on a lift at that point in time. If there is a question about the need for a lift, saline implants can be deflated with a needle to get a rough idea bout the degree of sagging or droop (ptosis) followed by observation for 1-2 weeks to observe the effects of immediate contraction

Removal of newly placed Breast Implants

+1

First, is this what you really want? What changed since you had your implants placed? I would want to make sure that you are really sure that this is what you want. I might even require that you see a psychologist before proceeding this early on in the postoperative period.

Once you decide to have them removed, the likelihood is that they will still look good, but not exactly the same as before surgery. You should very be very sure that you are going to be happy with the final result before you have the implants removed.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal and resulting breast size and shape

+1

The skin stretch that occurs from a 421cc implant on a woman whose breasts were small to begin with is not insignificant. It is hard to predict what your breasts will look like but there is a chance they will be saggier. Your plastic surgeon is the best one to counsel you on this.

The other issue is to review why you want them removed. Are they too large, not what you expected, etc. These are important questions to discuss with your plastic surgeon too. I wish you well.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS