Is Eczema Permanent or Will It Go Away?

I'm 16 years old and I've never had eczema before, and I've just started getting it on my arms, wrists, neck, and face. Will it go away?

Eczema is classified as a chronic condition, but it can spontaneously go away.

+1

Without getting into too much detail, it is very safe to say that eczema is usually a chronic and intermittent condition, and most people who have it go through flares and remissions. It can start at any age, and can last for a short time or be lifelong.

The best thing to do is to use anti-inflammatory creams (steroids, etc) for the flares, and maximize your moisturizer usage as many times a day to prevent flares. There are other eczema specific practices that you can go over with your dermatologist.

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist