How Much Does It Cost to Reduce 7cm Ears?

I have 7 cm ears and I am considering reduction surgery. My earlobes and top of the ears need to be reduced. How much would it cost and how long will the recovery take?

Reducing large ears

+1

Reducing large ears may require a simple surgery to just shorten the earlobes which is typically around $500 per ear. If your ears require pinning, then the procedure is called an otoplasty, where the ear is not only reduced but pushed closer to the scalp so it does not protrude or stick out. That costs around $1800 per ear. The otoplasty procedure also includes the reduction of the earlobes or top of the ears if that is necessary. If you require anesthesia to be sedated then the procedure can cost a little more. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty cost for reducing 7cm ears

+1

Jose,

I know of NO Plastic surgeon who charges either by the inch or by the number of stitches we put in. The actual size of your ears will not affect the cost of your OTOPLASTY (ear correcting surgery).

The EXTENT of your surgery would depend on whether you require a simple pinning of the ears back, a redefinition of the antihelix (the forward fold of cartilage just under the ear rim), if the cup (concha) of the ear is too large and needs to be reduced in height or volume.

I would suggest you see a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery www.plasticsurgery.org to discuss your options and cost. The AVERAGE surgeon's cost for an Otoplasty nationally is around 2,800 dollars (not including anesthesia or facility costs).

Dr. P. Aldea

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.